With summer’s heat upon us, I’ve been craving lots of light and fruity dishes. I came across this recipe, and thought it would be the perfect side dish. I spiced mine up with some serrano peppers and played around with the proportions. It was very tropical and flavorful! Next time I plan to chop the fruit into even smaller pieces and add some minced onions and perhaps serve it directly on top of a pork dish or a meaty fish.Ingredients:
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pineapple pieces
- 1 cup chopped mango pieces
- 1 serrano pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- splash rice vinegar
1. Combine all the chopped ingredients in a large bowl. Squeeze in the lime juice, a splash of the rice wine vinegar, and the honey. Mix until the mixture is well coated.
2. Let sit for several minutes before serving to allow the juice to mix together. I ate this alongside ginger-soy marinated red snapper.